Alyssa Tavormina, Ph.D.
Program Director of the Online Sport Management Master’s Program
Department of Tourism, Recreation & Sport Management
- Ph.D. in Sport Management, University of Georgia (2013)
- M.S. in Sport Management, University of Florida (2005)
- B.A. in Business Administration, University of Florida (2003)
|Address:||P.O. Box 118208, Gainesville, FL 32611-8208|
Alyssa L. Tavormina, Ph.D. is a Lecturer and the Director of the Online Sport Management Master’s Program at the University of Florida in the Department of Tourism, Recreation, and Sport Management. She holds her Ph.D. from the University of Georgia, and her main research interest evolve around sport marketing, specifically sport branding and sport consumer behavior. Prior to rejoining the faculty in the Department of Tourism, Recreation, and Sport Management in 2014, she served as a Lecturer and the Internship Supervisor in the Sport Management Undergraduate Program, as well as the Faculty Advisor of the Gator Sport Management Club, from 2005-2008.
She is a member of the North American Society of Sport Management (NASSM) and the Sport Marketing Association (SMA). Dr. Tavormina has numerous presentations at national and international conferences related to the topics of sport branding and sport consumer behavior. Her work is published in journals such as the International Journal of Sport Management and Event Management. She has also co-authored multiple book chapters on sport branding.
- Sport Branding (e.g., sport brand love)
- Sport Consumer Behavior ( e.g., factors that affect consumers’ decisions to attend games)
- SPM 4154 Administration of Sport and Physical Activity
- SPM 4515 Sport and Business Finance
- SPM 5206 Sport Ethics
- SPM 5309 Sport Marketing
- SPM 6905 Sport Mass Media
- SPM 6158 Management and Leadership in Sport