Christine Wegner, Ph.D.
Department of Tourism, Recreation & Sport Management
- Ph.D. in Business Administration, Temple University (2016)
- M.A. in Education, Brooklyn College (2005)
- B.S. in Latin, Vassar College (2003)
- Curriculum Vitae
|Address:||P.O. Box 118208, Gainesville, FL 32611-8208|
Christine Wegner, Ph.D. is an Assistant Professor with the Department of Tourism, Recreation and Sport Management at the University of Florida. Her research interests include sport for social change and marginalized populations in sport, particularly the role of organizations and organizing in the formation of identities in and through sport. She has also worked with several local and national non-profit sport organizations, providing program and membership evaluation as a means of strategic programming and fundraising. Dr. Wegner has published in the Journal of Sport Management, the Journal of Leisure Research, and the Journal of Applied Sport Psychology. She is a member of the North American Society for Sport Management (NASSM).
- Organizational and Social Identities
- Sport for Social Change
- Marginalized Groups and Sport
- SPM 6036 Research Sport Management
- SPM 6158 Management/Leadership