Cyntrice Thomas, Ph.D., JD
Department of Tourism, Recreation & Sport Management
- Ph.D. in Kinesiology, University of Georgia (2012)
- J.D., Tulane University (2004)
- B.S. in Political Science; International Affairs, Florida State University (2001)
|Address:||P.O. Box 118208, Gainesville, FL 32611-8208|
Cyntrice Thomas is a lecturer in the Department of Tourism, Recreation and Sport Management. Prior to coming to the University of Florida, she was a professor of Sport Business at Jacksonville University in Jacksonville, FL.
She is a graduate of Florida State University and she holds a Juris Doctor from Tulane University as well. She is a licensed attorney in the District of Columbia and state of Virginia. After practicing law for a few years she pursued her PhD in Kinesiology from the University of Georgia.
- Legal aspects of sports
- The application of antitrust law in sports
- Collective bargaining and labor issues in sports
- Social issues in sports
- SPM 2000 Introduction to Sport Management Entrepreneurship in Tourism, Recreation & Sport Management
- SPM 4723 Legal Issues in Sport and Physical Activity
- SPM 6726 Issues in Sport Law