Garrett Beatty, Ph.D.
Department of Applied Physiology & Kinesiology
Department of Tourism, Recreation & Sport Management
- Ph.D. Biobehavioral Science, University of Florida (2015)
- M.S. in Human Performance, University of Florida (2011)
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction, University of Missouri (2007)
- B.S. in Psychology, University of Florida (2005)
- Curriculum Vitae
|Address:||P.O. Box 118205, Gainesville, FL 32611-8208|
Garrett Beatty joined the College of Health & Human Performance as a Lecturer in August 2015. Garrett studied Biobehavioral Science under the mentorship of Dr. Christopher Janelle. Garrett’s research interests include studying the strategies individuals employ to regulate emotional experiences in order to improve human performance within emotionally charged environments. Garrett is also interested in investigating how social, psychological, pedagogical, coaching, and management principles can be leveraged to enhance the career and life development of athletes. As a lecturer, Garrett aims to disseminate knowledge garnered from cutting edge research to undergraduate and graduate students studying sport psychology, exercise psychology, and athlete development. Garrett is constantly seeking ways to incorporate technology into teaching strategies for on-campus, blended, and fully online courses.
- Emotion Regulation & Motor Performance
- Athlete Development
- APK 3400 Introduction to Sport Psychology
- APK 5404 Sport Psychology
- APK 6408 Performance Enhancement