Gregory Dunn, Ph.D.
Senior Lecturer, Department of Tourism, Recreation & Sport Management
- Ph.D. in Hospitality Administration, University of Nevada Las Vegas (2005)
- M.B.A. in Hospitality Management, University of Denver (1995)
- B.A. in Management, Webster University (1992)
|Address:||P.O. Box 118208, Gainesville, FL 32611-8208|
Greg Dunn, Ph.D., is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Tourism, Recreation and Sport Management at the University of Florida. He also serves as the faculty coordinator for the UF Graduate Certificate Program in Tourism and Hospitality Business Management and the UF TRSM Disney Academic Exchange Program.
Greg earned a Ph.D. in hospitality administration with a major in services marketing from the University of Nevada Las Vegas, an MBA from the University of Denver, and a BA in management from Webster University, St. Louis. He has also earned a diploma in hotel management from Ecole Hôtelière, Lausanne, Switzerland.
Greg joined UF after acquiring more than 30 years of academic and industry experience including faculty positions at Oklahoma State University, University of South Florida and Metropolitan State University Denver. He has also worked in both management and marketing positions for respected organizations such as Ypartnership, MMGY Global, Sea Island Company, The Boca Raton Resort and Club, The Greenbrier, Radisson, Sea Palms Resort, Ocean King Seafood, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts and Norwegian Cruise Lines.
Overall, his research program is applied and focuses on consumer behavior and travel trend analysis. His main aim is to provide destinations, governments and clients with actionable insights to inform business strategy and public policy. Greg’s background includes the contracting and leadership of a diverse range of research and strategy projects for top hospitality, gaming and tourism clients such as Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, WMS Gaming, Delaware North Company, Preferred Hotel Group, Interval International, Spectrum Gaming, U.S. Travel Association and Destination Hotels & Resorts. He has also performed extensive research projects on behalf of domestic and international tourism and gaming boards in Florida, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Oklahoma, Hawaii, Oregon, Savannah, Denver, New Orleans, Orlando, Miami, Russia, Honduras, Bahamas, Curacao, Aruba, Barbados, Italy, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Thailand and Canada.
He has been the co-author of several leading industry publications including the MMGY Global/Harrison Group Portrait of American Travelers, WMS Gaming/Ypartnership Active Gambler Profile, Ypartnership/Yankelovich Travel Monitor and the MMGY Global/U.S. Travel Association Travelhorizons series. He has also published numerous articles in the areas of marketing and strategy in both academic and professional journals such as the Journal of Travel and Tourism Marketing, UNLV Gaming Research & Review Journal, Hotel and Motel Management and Casino Management.
Dr. Dunn is a member of US Travel Association, Travel and Tourism Research Association, and the International Council on Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Education.
- Hospitality and Tourism Marketing
- Travel and Tourism Trends
- Consumer Profiling and Segmentation
- Tourism Product Assessment and Brand Strategy
- Social and Economic Impacts of Gambling
- HFT 3253 Lodging Operations and Management
- HFT 3360 Hospitality Management
- HFT 4468 Revenue Management
- LEI 4880 Research Methods for Tourism, Recreation & Sport Management
- LEI 4905 Internship in Leisure Services- Disney
- LEI 4905 Resort and Destination Development
- LEI 4940 Advanced Studies in Hospitality
- HMG 6747 Marketing Management in Hospitality and Tourism
- LEI 6931 Revenue Management in Tourism and Hospitality Business
- LEI 6931 Strategic Management in Tourism and Hospitality Business