Jin-Won Kim, Ph.D.
Department of Tourism, Recreation & Sport Management
- Ph.D. in Sustainable Tourism and Protected Area Mgt,Michigan St University (2015)
- M.S. in Tourism Management, Kyunghee University (2006)
- B.S. in Geography, Kyunghee University (2002)
- Curriculum Vitae
|Address:||P.O. Box 118208, Gainesville, FL 32611-8208|
Jin-Won Kim, Ph.D. is an Assistant Professor with the Department of Tourism, Recreation and Sport Management at the University of Florida, USA. The overall goal of his research is to identify the role of tourism, recreation and parks in the creation of active, vibrant, sustainable and resilient communities. Dr. Kim’s research has focused on four areas: (1) water-based recreation and tourism planning (2) environmental justice issues, including the accessibility and equity of recreation opportunities (3) recreation and public health policy and (4) applications of GIS and spatial technologies in tourism/recreation planning, development and management. As a tourism/recreation geographer, Dr. Kim is especially interested in applying geospatial concepts and analytical methodologies to problems that recreation or tourism managers face in their everyday decision making. His academic papers have been published in top-tier tourism and leisure journals, including Tourism Management, Journal of Travel Research, Leisure Sciences and Journal of Leisure Research.
- Community recreation planning and development, including environmental justice, community health, quality of life and community resilience
- Water-based recreation and tourism
- Visitors’ spatial behavior in parks and recreation areas
- Geospatial analytics in recreation, park and tourism.
- LEI 6557: Sustainable Coastal Tourism
- LEI 5188: Trends in Tourism and Recreation Management
- LEI 5121: Outdoor Recreation and Park Management
- LEI 4880: Research Method