Kyriaki Kaplanidou, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Graduate Coordinator
Department of Tourism, Recreation & Sport Management
- Ph.D. in Park, Recreation, and Tourism Resources, Michigan State University (2006)
- M.S. in Recreation Management, Loughborough University, Loughborough, England (2000)
- B.S. in Physical Education and Sports Science, Aristotle University, Thessaloniki, Greece (1996)
|Address:||P.O. Box 118208, Gainesville, FL 32611-8208|
Kiki Kaplanidou is an Associate Professor at the University of Florida, Department of Tourism, Recreation and Sport Management and an affiliate faculty member of the Eric Friedheim Tourism Institute at the University of Florida. She holds her PhD from Michigan State University. Her main research interests evolve around mega and small scale sport event image perceptions, sport event consumer behaviors, sport events’ impacts on community development via legacy management programs and interactions between event image, destination image and event sponsors’ images. Dr. Kaplanidou has conducted research for the International Olympic Committee related to the legacy of the Olympic Games and a number of sport related organizations. She has professional experience working with the Athens 2004 Olympic Games.
She is a member of the North American Society of Sport Management, European Association for Sport Management, Greek Association for Sport Management and the Travel and Tourism Research Association. Dr. Kaplanidou has numerous presentations in national and international conferences related to the topic of sport consumer behaviors, sport tourism and mega event impacts. Her work is published in journals such as Journal of Sport Management, European Sport Management Quarterly, Sport Management Review, Journal of Sport & Tourism, Journal of Travel Research, Journal of Leisure Research, Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Research and Leisure Sciences.
- Sport consumer perceptions about event and destination images
- Image and legacies of sport events on community development
- Sport event tourism
- SPM3306 Sport Marketing
- SPM5309 Sport Marketing
- SPM 6308 Sport Consumer Behavior
- HLP 6515 Evaluation Procedures in Health and Human Performance
- HFT6747 Marketing in Hospitality and Tourism
- PET 6476 Management and Leadership in Sport