Yong Jae Ko, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. in Sport Management, Ohio State University (2000)
- M.A. in Physical Education, Ohio State University (1996)
- B.A. in Physical Education, Seoul National University (1991)
|Address:||P.O. Box 118208, Gainesville, FL 32611-8208|
Dr. Yong Jae Ko is an Associate Professor in the Department of Tourism, Recreation, and Sport Management (TRSM) at the University of Florida. He has been involved in numerous research projects that relate to the sports consumers’ decision-making process, focused on socio-psychological variables that influence sport consumption behavior. Specifically, his research includes consumer attitudes, quality and value perceptions, and beliefs about sport organizations and their brands, in addition to their psychological characteristics, such as needs and motivation, personality, and involvement. These lines of research have been extended to a variety of segments in the sport and related industries, such as sport sponsorship, endorsement, branding, sports e-business, martial arts, and the nonprofit business sector, including college sports.
Dr. Ko has published over 70 articles in peer-reviewed sport and marketing journals related to these lines of research (e.g., Journal of Sport Management, Sport Marketing Quarterly, Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly, Journal of Brand Management, Managing Service Quality, and Psychology and Marketing) and made over 160 presentations in these areas.
His research team received numerous prestigious awards for innovative research (e.g., Best Paper Award from 2010 American Marketing Association conference, 2nd place faculty paper award from 2013 Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication conference, and research fellow status at North American Society for Sport Management). He has done numerous consulting projects for a variety of national and international sports organizations (e.g., Korea Golf Association, Anchor Publication, World Taekwondo Federation, and ESPN The Magazine) and government projects (e.g., Korean Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism,
- Consumer behavior research focused on socio-psychological variables that influence sport consumption behavior
- Service marketing research focused on consumers’ quality and value perceptions toward a variety of sport services
- Sponsorship and sport branding
- HLP 6535 Research Methods
- SPM 5309 Sport Marketing
- SPM 6036 Research in Sport Management
- SPM 6905 Seminar in Strategic Sport Marketing